Sunday, August 5, 2012

not even in the box yet


okay.
so maybe that was slightly dramatic.
but welcome to my blog. and my life i suppose.

but seriously. that IS how it happened. at first…

we had one more interaction—and this one he actually remembers.  apparently at some point during his Sunday school lesson i raised my hand and made a few comments that he interpreted as a sign of my out-of-the-box thinking and interesting, but practical application of the gospel in my life. 

that was when he decided that we should perhaps become friends.

and apparently that was when i decided to go inactive because he never saw me at church again.

to my defense, I was working on average two Sundays per month and I was dating a different boy out of town (and spending my weekends traveling), so I came to my own ward maybe once a month…or less.

so once again, we were cast as mere acquaintances and allowed to live out the cliché BYU single’s life for one final semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment