Friday, October 23, 2015

day eight: be charitable and day nine: be social



(I'm a little behind, so we'll to a few days in one)

it's halloween time! we BOOed a couple families in our ward (since we were BOOed a few nights ago).  I love knowing that someone thought of me/my family enough to bring us treats, so that's what we passed on.  I know it wasn't a big act of service, but I think sometimes the most important things we can do is just help other people around us feel noticed and included.


to be honest, I kept forgetting to do this challenge--but I have been trying to talk more to people when I'm out.  I've chatted with store clerks more, people who are shopping in areas around me, etc.  It's actually easier to do now that I have a baby, because a lot of times she provides really good ice breaking topics like "hey how old is your baby?  Oh, cool, mine is almost a year too!"  or if she makes a funny noise or face or waves at someone it's almost like I have to talk to them haha.  I like this, because it is nice to interact with other humans more often, and because it's nice to have something to chat about.  Similarly to what I mentioned above, it's nice just to be noticed by the people around me, so hopefully by increasing my interactions with others I can brighten their day a little bit too.

joyful mommy moment:

my family is in town, and it has been so fun to see Ivy through someone else's eyes.  She has been really giggly and easy going with all the attention she's getting from my family.  I hope that she will always be close to my family and Andrew's family because it's good for her to feel a bigger love and support system around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment