Tuesday, October 20, 2015

day seven: be positive



I have an interesting relationship with "positive motivational phrases"....my mantra for childbirth was "my body was MADE to do this!  This is what women do!".  and then after 31 hours, my body apparently WASN'T made to do this so...there's that.  but here's to trying something for a second time ;)  but i'm actually just going to steal a quote from Tolstoy:




i love this. I've always had this on my wall, so now I have to do more thinking about why i love it.  and heres a thought: this can be read two different ways.  one: its about your attitude. you choose if you want to be happy and then do it.  happiness is a choice.  two: we exist to be happy and happiness is found in simply existing.  i like this because it reminds me of the scripture that says "men are that they might have joy".  this is the whole reason of our existence. looooove it.

joyful mommy moment:

Ivy has started playing peek-a-boo with me when i put her down to bed.  I tuck her in and then she lifts the covers over her face and pops them back down and laughs.  she likes me to kiss both her hands holding the blankets before she settles in for bed.  these are things I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment