Thursday, October 15, 2015

day two: be grateful #byuBEYOU


This showed up on instagram today:

This man. But seriously. I love who I am with him in my life. He is the kindest and most genuine person I know. He makes me better everyday because he believes in me and is teaching me to believe in myself. I'm grateful that I sat on that white froyo couch with you. #thosewereourbabyfaces #canyouevenrecognizehim#nobeardbutstillgreat #byuBEYOU 


What else can I say.  Not much really.  I'm so glad I got to marry my best friend and that we get to work together to raise our family and each other.  Maybe its crazy that it took me 22 years to meet him, but hey we have the rest of forever so I basically it was just a blink.  He's seen me at my worst and that's okay.  He makes me feel capable and strong and inspired.  Just because he's not afraid to be and do what he wants. and what he believes.  and wants EVERYONE else to do and be whatever makes them happy.  I love that. I need that.  It's not always that you find someone who doesn't care what the world thinks--he cares what you think about yourself.  Don't we all need a little more of that in our world?  Anyway, ya'll can meet him and share him with me...but just a little bit.  I'm greedy when it comes to my bae. 
As far as my joyful mommy moment goes: 
I love that we got one of those mirrors for the car--so I can see what Ivy's doing even in her backfacing carseat.  I like to watch her faces and expressions and reactions to the world around her.  A beautiful new song came on the radio--not a dance or rap song that we usually listen to while rockin our mommy daughter grocery runs.  As the ballad played, Ivy got her usual inquisitive face on and then started singing along.  not words, of course, but just cute humming noises, building along with the music.  Then she started clapping.  The we sang and clapped (and safely drove) all the way home.  I love watching her find joy in little things.  And learning new skills. And being my daughter.  




No comments:

Post a Comment