Tuesday, October 20, 2015

day six: be healthy


so glad this was the challenge today because Monday's are the worst days for going to the gym.  But I did it!  I did weights because in training for my 10K, my knees have been a little titchy (meaning sore and a little swollen sometimes after my longer runs).  A few weeks ago I started doing leg weights once or twice a week at the gym and it has made me knee pain almost non-existant!  Yay for good recommendations on running from the husband.  I'm so glad that i've made this goal and that i'm going for it.  This has been a great year of change for me--a few friends and I had babies around the same time in Seattle and we trained for a 5K together about 4 months after our babies were born.  Now, here I am about to do a 10K (on November 7th).  AND IM RUNNING THE WHOLE THING. I know. it's crazy to think how far I've come.  I will probably talk about this more later, but taking care of my body and exercising has been a huge help to me mentally.  That's probably the biggest thing that keeps me going.  It's my natural Prozac ;)

joyful mommy moment:

watching Ivy watch a dog play with a plastic cup.  we had a lovely night over at our new friends house--the Neads.  She made us delicious soup and cookies, and our daughters play pretty well together (theirs is 17 months).  But the highlight, of course, was their dog.  Ivy just can't get enough of little dogs she sees, and she was hysterically laughing as this dog chewed on a cup, growled, and threw it around the room.  Andrew says this is proof we need a dog...but I just think having friends with dogs is even better--Ivy gets exposure to them and has something to look forward to when we go over--and I dont have to do any of the training or dirty work.  It's a win-win really.  But, seriously, her laugh.  Makes me so excited for Christmas when she will have two BIG dogs to play with at Grandma Lisa and Papa Fluckiger's house :)  It seems that I have a trend...my happiest moments tend to be when Ivy has her happiest moments...hmmm. Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment